- Husband announces that he will be starting the Couch to 5K program, and downloads an app.
- Not to be outdone, you also announce that you will starting the Couch to 5K program and be kicking his ass.
- Spend two hours evaluating C25K apps on iTunes.
- Buy Get Running for $1.99 and position on the front page of your iPhone.
- Spend $10.32 on new music for your Tunes to Run By playlist.
- Come home from work and eat a bowl of sesame chicken and fried rice.
- Get online and research new shoes, workout gear, and headphones.
- Pin some fitness motivation quotes on Pinterest.
- Look for headphones in work bag, purse, junk drawer, and bedside table. Give up and steal husband’s headphones.
- Go downstairs looking for tennis shoes- find them in the basement in the Goodwill box.
- Put on workout pants, which were worn as pajamas the night before.
- Unfold treadmill from storage position in master bedroom, dust it thoroughly.
- Attempt to plug it in, and then go back to the junk drawer for the three-prong to two-prong adapter.
- All the upstairs-downstairs routine has necessitated a trip to the bathroom to clear ones GI system.
- Lay on the bed to recover from bathroom trip and read half of a Shape magazine.
- Finally get on the damn treadmill, and complete Week 1 Run 1 of C25K.
- Brag about accomplishment in Facebook status update.
- Add running to Facebook hobbies.
- Husband comes home from work, gets into pajamas and eats chips and salsa on the couch. He says he’ll start C25K tomorrow.
Total Financial Investment: $11.31
Total Time Investment: 4.5 hours
Total Calories Burned: 154